This condensed report presents key conclusions from the white paper report, Framing Ethno-World: Intercultural Music Exchange, Tradition, and Globalization, which is intended to serve as a conceptual framework to advance the research agenda for a comprehensive study of the Ethno program overseen by Jeunesses Musicales International (JMI). The complete white paper was generated on the basis of a literature review and critical analysis informed by:
- Publicly-oriented (outward-facing) descriptions of and claims about the JMI Ethno program;
- Issues discussed in extant research literature;
- Deliberations at Ethno Research meetings held at York St. John University (May and December, 2019);
- Issues presented in 7 ethnographic case studies of Ethno camps undertaken in 2019 by members of the Ethno Research team; and
- The experiences of the Ethno Research team who attended Ethno France (February 2020).