The aim of the pedagogy and professional development research was to document local, national and global understandings of Ethno pedagogy, and to describe and theorize its processes in action, including the ways it was perceived to play a role in the professional development of Ethno stakeholders. The following research questions were addressed:
- What are discourses concerned with Ethno World’s stated and unstated pedagogical and professional development tenets?
- How are these understood and enacted in its activities at local, national and global levels?
- How do the Ethno professional development structures develop, how are they reinforced and what are the implications of these structures for pedagogy?
- What are the pedagogical principles and practices that are perceived as being transformational, within the context of Ethno gatherings?
- What are the pedagogies that support amateur and professional music makers in developing multi-faceted musicianship and interdisciplinarity through Ethno gatherings?
Leave a Reply