The Complexities of Intercultural Music Exchange: Ethno World as Cultural Change Agent addresses five key research questions raised by the Ethno Research white paper, Framing Ethno-World: Intercultural Music Exchange, Tradition, and Globalization (Mantie & Risk, 2020):
- How do Organizers and Artistic Mentors describe their participation in the shaping of culture through music at local, regional, and global levels?
- How do Organizers and Artistic Mentors introduce and/or facilitate discussions of cultural issues? To what extent do they feel obligated / responsible to do so? To what extent do they report doing so (and how)?
- How do Ethno participants and Ethno World documents describe the impacts Ethno World has on surrounding communities?
- In what ways and to what extent are Ethno participants actively engaged in traditional music?
- What additional insights can be gleaned about Ethno participants through large-scale data mining and fine-grained discourse analyses of Ethnopia and other social media related to Ethno?
Leave a Reply